Why Anyone With A Migraine Should Drink Grape Juice. Migraine headaches are one of a kind and trust me, it’s not the good kind. The throbbing pain seems to be ‘killing’ you, and most sufferers can’t even find a way to do their daily activities.
Yes, believe it or not, migraines may get super nasty, causing you nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound.
How to recognize a migraine attack? Sufferers usually have stiffness in their neck, and deal with depression, moodiness, food cravings, constipation, and diarrhea. The worst part comes when you realize that even the simplest foods can give you a headache. Red wine can also ‘blow’ your head.
Consult your doctor about the possible causes of your migraine. This is the first step of your treatment, as you may learn a lot about migraines and potential therapies.
Chemical And Natural Causes
Most individuals who suffer from migraines, according to the Mayo Clinic, have an imbalance of the chemicals in their brain. Specifically, their serotonin levels are low, leading to severe pain. Other common causes are nutritional deficiencies, MSG, alcohol, chocolate, caffeine, stress, or aged cheese. On top of diet changes, air pressure due to weather can also trigger the severe pain of a migraine.
Whenever you miss a meal, you are more likely miss out on the nutrients you need in order to keep your body balanced. When it comes to migraines, there is a strong link to a lack of riboflavin and/or B12 in the body. Some studies have shown that migraines will reduce by 50% if the patient consumes regular amounts of riboflavin.
Why Grape Juice Works Against Migraines
While wine can cause migraines, grape juice is one of the most effective ways to relieve your pain and to even avoid having migraines. Grapes contain Vitamin C, B12, and the grape seeds contain riboflavin. They provide many wonderful benefits to the body in addition to relieving and preventing migraines, such as aiding the liver with its important functions.
It is recommended that you not purchase regular grape juice from the store, as it is missing the riboflavin containing seeds and often has added sugar. Purchase organic grape juice or, for the best effect, make some homemade grape juice yourself.
Quick Homemade Grape Guide
1. Remove the organic grapes from their stems
2. Wash the grapes in a collard under the water from the sink.
3. Puree the grapes using a blender, or smash them with a potato masher.
4. Cook the grapes in a pot on the stove for 10 minutes on medium heat. If the grapes begin to clump up, you can use a potato masher to break them up.
5. Strain the pot into a drinking glass or other storage container through a sieve or cheesecloth. If you do use the cheesecloth, you may need to fold it over the pot twice before pouring the juices into your container.
6. Remove the strainer and leftover grapes and put the grape juice into the fridge to cool down.
7. Drink to enjoy your healing homemade grape juice!
What have you found that helps relieve your migraine headaches? Let us know in the comments below.
Source photos: By Pixabay