Mint Healing Properties And Home Remedies. The mint herb that comes from Central Asia and the Mediterranean, is a plant that may reach up to 80 cm. Its leaves are ovate and toothed and the stems are straight and follicles.
It is grown with relative ease and be placed in the shade in a pot or garden. In the latter case, preferably near wells and cisterns to have some moisture constantly on the base.
Among its highlights an essential active ingredient particularly rich in menthol (30 to 70%) which is the true treasures of the mind and also cineol, menthene, menthone, Piperitone, some terpenes, pectins, and tannins.
- Mint favors much digestion, increasing the production of gastric juices, remove the stomach cramps and heaviness after meals.
- It also stimulates production and secretion of bile, which benefits the liver, pancreas, and gallbladder.
- Its antispasmodic action helps combat diseases of the respiratory system (asthma, cough, bronchitis).
- In addition, mint is a diuretic, antiseptic and anesthetic. This latter property is revealed when chewing some leaves which gives a feeling of freshness that derives given a sedative to the oral mucosa. Therefore used as an ingredient in salves on joint pain and rheumatism, and to ease pain caused by burns, wounds, and bruises. In mouthwashes, the Mint is an antiseptic and soothes toothaches and gum. It first grades ingredient for toothpaste and mouthwashes.
Home Remedies mint
- Home remedy # 1: If you have ear pain, you should prepare a mint leaf juice mixed in equal parts with water and honey. Then he should take some warm drops in the ear canal several times a day.
- Home remedy # 2: For toothaches can gargle with an infusion made with 1 teaspoon of leaves per cup of boiling water. If you have another kind of pain or inflammation somewhere in the body can apply this same preparation as a poultice over the affected area.
- Home remedy # 3: To aid digestion, take this herb tea. To do this, you should prepare as if it were a common tea when the water is boiling, is thrown from ten to twelve grams of mint for a quarter liter of water is removed immediately from the fire, cover it well so that does not leave aroma. After about five minutes, the infusion is ready. Is recommended to take 3 cups daily between meals or after.
- Emmenagogue is a plant, so it must be avoided during pregnancy.
- They should also refrain from internal use those subject to hypertension because the mint could make things worse.
- Who suffers from insomnia should avoid taking it at night.
Recipe for a healthy diet with mint
Carrots in white sauce with mint:
Grate a few carrots and season them with oil, lemon juice, and salt. Then mixed and allowed to rest for a few minutes. Prepare a sauce by mixing yogurt with chopped parsley and mint, and pour over carrots.
It must be crushed 50g fresh mint, then add 25g of sugar, 15 ml of cider vinegar, 4 tablespoons water, salt, and pepper. Used to accompany the meat.
Source image: Pixabay