The lower belly is arguably the most stubborn part of your body to lose belly fat. It can be so frustrating that most people tend to give up after so many trials. This article will show you the best ways on how to lose lower belly fat.
Almost all fitness websites have written about exercises to get rid of lower belly fat. This is simply because so many people are searching for ways to burn belly pooch.
If you’re one of those that has undergone so many workouts with no success, well today seems to be your lucky day.
The exercises to lose lower belly fat listed in this post will help you lose tummy fat and get a flat stomach within 2-3 weeks.
However, before we proceed with these fat burning exercises, it is important we take a look at the different causes of lower belly fat.
Causes of Lower Belly Fat
There are a number of factors that can lead to you developing lower belly fat. We shall be discussing some of these factors below;
Aging plays a significant role in the development of lower belly bulge. As you grow older, your belly tends to accumulate more fat.
Your body naturally loses muscle mass and excess calories tend to store up more easily in the belly area.
Changes in hormones can also lead to the development of belly fat.
For example, as the level of estrogen in women reduces during menopause, fat tends to accumulate in the belly.
Your daily choices can also contribute to lower belly fat. Some people are in the habit of just lying around all day and expect to lose fat all over their body.
You consume calories on a daily basis, therefore it is extremely important to burn these calories. Simple activities such as running, cycling and other cardio exercises can do the trick.
Also, those that have poor sleeping habits are more likely to develop lower belly fat. Getting a good night sleep may help prevent belly fat.
Stress also plays a role when it comes to lower belly fat. Stress makes your body to produce excess cortisol.
Cortisol is a hormone that is known to encourage the body to store up excess calories as fat in the belly area.
This is pretty straightforward. Your diet also has a role to play when it comes to lower belly fat.
Sugary foods and drinks like fruit punches, soda, candy etc can increase the risk of lower belly fat.
You should consider letting go of these foods if you are really serious about how to lose stomach fat.
How To Lose Lower Belly Fat Fast (10 Best Ab Workouts)
There are numerous lower belly fat exercises can do. However, the majority of those exercises do not really target the belly fat as they should.
We have taken time out to research on the best exercises to reduce lower belly fat. These exercises are simple to perform and will help you burn belly fat.
Captain’s Chair Exercise
The captain’s chair is another fantastic exercise that can help on how to lose lower belly fat.
All that is needed in performing this workout is a chair. Another good thing about this exercise is that you can do with your chair at work.
Grab a chair and you’re good to go.
How to Do It:
- Begin by sitting on a chair and ensure your shoulders are relaxed and your spine straight.
- Place both your hands at your side and your palms should also be facing downward, just by the side of the hips.
- Take a deep breath in.
- Now breathe out and raise both legs upwards so your knees are close to the chest.
- Hold this position for about 5 seconds.
- Then bring your legs down slowly and repeat the movement.
Lunge Twist Exercise
The lunge twist is an effective exercise to get rid of lower belly fat. This move is a favorite among beginners.
Why? Because of its effectiveness and simplicity. Follow the guide below to perform the lunge twist.
How to Do It:
- Begin by standing and make sure your legs are at hip-width apart. Your knees should also be slightly bent.
- Raise your hands just in front of you and align them with the shoulders. They should also be parallel to the floor.
- Lunge forward with the right leg and assume a sitting position.
- Twist the torso first to the right, and then to the left.
- Repeat movement about 15 times.
Rolling Plank Workout for Flat Stomach
This is another easy, yet effective exercise to burn belly pooch fast. It targets the muscles around the waistline, hips, lower back, and abdomen.
Follow the guide below to do the rolling plank move.
How to Do It:
- Begin by assuming the plank position and stay in this position for about 30 seconds.
- Now move to and fro sideways for about 30 seconds. Lie down with your sides on the floor.
- Use your right elbow and the right leg to support yourself.
- Ensure your left leg is above your right leg and also keep them together.
- Your knees should also be straight and the hips must not touch the ground.
- Hold the position for about 30 seconds and thereafter, repeat movement on the other side.
- You should do 2 sets of 10 reps each.
The Bicycle Exercise for Belly Fat
Don’t let the name fool you. You do not need an actual bicycle to perform this movement.
It is a simple move that can be performed at home. Though easy to perform, it is one of the best exercises on how to lose lower belly fat.
How to Do It:
- Begin by lying on the floor. Make sure you place your hands behind your head or just by your sides.
- Bring your legs up from off the floor and also bend them just at the knees.
- Now bring the right knee in towards your chest and also keep the left leg away from the chest.
- Then, also do the same for the left leg. Bring in the left leg to your chest and keep the right one away.
- Continue alternating legs till you feel exhausted.
The Crisscross Lift and Switch
Have you ever heard about the amazing benefits of Pilates exercises for your body?
Well, the crisscross lift and switch is one of those workouts that your body would be thankful for. It is a move that combines two Pilates exercises into one powerful exercise that will help to get a flat stomach.
You should include this workout in your daily routine to help to get rid of lower belly fat. It will definitely accelerate the rate of fat burn in your belly.
How to Do It:
- Begin by lying on your back and also make sure your arms are at your sides.
- Stretch both your legs up towards the sky and cross the right leg over the left leg. Make sure your toes are also pointed.
- Engage your abs, breathe in, and bring down your legs to about a 45-degree angle.
- Now breathe out and bring the legs back into your body. At the same time, you should lift your legs overhead.
- Lift your hips and back off from the ground. You should also use your arms to press down to aid support.
- Pause for about 1-2 seconds and then bring your legs back to the previous starting position to make 1 rep.
- You should perform about 3 sets of 10 reps each.
Crunches for Belly Fat
Crunches are widely regarded as one of the best exercises on how to lose lower belly fat. They are very effective and will help you get rid of belly fat.
There are various variations of crunches and each is as effective as the basic crunch.
How to Do It:
- Begin by lying down flat with your back on a mat.
- Ensure your knees are bent and your feet placed on the ground.
- Bring your hands up just behind your head.
- Take a deep breath in and lift the upper torso from off the ground. Then breathe out.
- Breathe in again and get back down. Thereafter, breathe out and come up.
- If you are a beginner, you can perform this movement about 10 reps.
- Do 2-3 sets of this exercise.
Even though the u-boat exercise is sometimes regarded as a small movement, the impact of this on your lower belly cannot be overemphasized. This exercise is suitable for beginners as it is easy to perform.
The u-boat works your entire lower abdominals as you’ve never seen before. Follow the guide below to include the u-boat in your daily routine of exercises to lose lower belly fat fast.
How to Do It:
- Begin by lying down with your face up and your knees bent and also turned out.
- Ensure your feet are flexed and the heels are also pressed together.
- Breathe in and bring your head and shoulders off from the floor.
- Reach your arms outside of hips from off the floor and ensure your palm is facing downward.
- Now breathe out, use your heels to press out and stretch your legs at 45 degrees.
- Make sure you squeeze the back of your knees together.
- Breathe in and bring your heels back into the body to make 1 rep.
- You can do 3 sets of 10 reps each