We all know that exercise is one of the basic need to maintain overall health. But if you are trying to lose weight through a workout, then it’s very important to know from where to start. Everyone wants to get maximum results in a minimum interval of time. Your intense activity in workouts will help you to lose weight fast, as more intensity requires more calorie burned in the form of supplying energy and results in weight loss.
Know 10 intense workouts for weight loss that targets multiple muscles, and eventually burn extra fat while strengthening your body.
Find here 10 working fat burning exercise
This is full body warm-up that raises body temperature, tones up muscles and strengthens your body. Jumping jacks highly effects quadriceps muscles (large muscles of front thigh), Calves, glutes, and hamstring.
How to do jumping jacks:
- Start with standing straight with feet together and hands along sides.
- Quickly raise your arms above your head while at the same time, jumping your feet out to the sides.
- Now immediately reverse movement by jumping back to the starting position while lowering the arms.
Benefits of jumping jacks workout for weight loss:
No doubt jumping jacks help to lose weight fast. But when you do more jumping jacks, you start breathing deeply, that require more oxygen to your blood stream and your muscles. Therefore result in rapid weight loss.
If your weight is 58.96kg and you are doing strong jumping jacks, then you can burn 472 calories per hour.
Squats are not just for the legs but for the whole body. Its great strength building workout that helps to lose weight fast and increase the flexibility of muscles of thigh, hips, and buttocks.
How to do squats:
- Stand straight with your feet slightly wider than your hips and arms down along the sides.
- Your toes should be slightly outward and look straight.
- Choose a spot on the wall in front of you to look at this for an entire squat time.
- Don’t look down at the floor or upward.
- Keep your arms straight parallel to the ground to balance properly.
- Move your hips backward, while bending your knees down.
- Make sure your spine straight, and shoulder up.
- Squat down until your hip joint is lower than your knees.
- Keep everything tight and drive through your heels.
- Now pause and lift back to the starting position.
Benefits of squats workout for weight loss:
Squats utilized a large group of muscles that help your body to increase anabolic hormone production, which in shorts helps to lose weight and gain muscles. This is one of the ideal workouts for people planning to lose weight fast.
This is a high-intensity warm-up exercise that resembles running motions. Often used by runners and athletes to improve lower body speed and flexibility. If you are looking for strength gaining and fat burning exercise, then this is the best exercise for weight loss. If you have a problem with performing high knees, then you can start with low knees also.
How to do high knees:
- Stand straight with feet hip distance apart.
- Lift up your right knees as high as it can go, with raising opposite arm.
- Switch quickly to left knees before left foot lands.
- Continue pulling your knees quickly as long as you desired.
Benefits of high knees workout for weight loss:
Running in a place with high knees for one minute helps to get the blood flow to your muscles fastly. Regular practice of this cardio workout helps in weight loss. Just look forward and keep your chest up throughout the exercise.
Lunges each leg
Lunges help to strengthen the hips and thigh muscles through the movement of both legs. The muscles group that are highly used in the lunge is Hip extensors (comprising the gluteal muscles and hamstring), and knee extensor (quadriceps). It strengthens your leg while shaping your butt.
How to do forward lunges:
- Keep your upper body straight with shoulder back, chest lifted, chin up and abs contract.
- Now take a big step forward with the left foot, and lowers your hip until both knees bent at 90-degree
- Don’t push your left leg so far, and right knee shouldn’t touch the floor.
- Return to the starting position and practice it with the opposite leg.
Benefits of lunges workout for weight loss:
The lunge is known to be a very effective workout for weight loss. It tones your lower body, and raise your heart rate to the fat burning level if practice regular. After one month only you will able to see the results. 30 minutes of cardio along with 15 minutes of walking lunge can help you to burn up to 400 calories, for a 150-pound person, according to Health Status.
Walking, jogging, swimming, and cycling are the most effective ways to get that blood pumping for losing weight.
Jog on the spot
Jogging is slower than running and very effective way to get rid of fat. 20 minutes of jogging burns 200 calorie that makes a lot of difference in your weight loss goal.
Jogging along with a calorie controlled diet can lose your lots of pounds that can make you from thick to thin. Typical jogging pace should be 4-5 miles per hour. In these types of exercise, the normal fat burn is 149-199 calorie in 20 minutes. But if you are not having an outer track for jogging, then you can do jogging on the spot also.
The wall sit exercise is common that can be seen in any fitness workout. It tones the muscles and helps in weight loss. The activities look like the same as a squat, but some people perform it on the basis of their comfort level, while others perform it in a more challenging way.
How to do wall sit:
- Stand straight in front of the wall while back facing the wall.
- Now, slowly slide your back down to the wall until hips and knees come at angle 90 degrees.
- Your shoulders, back and back head should touch to the wall.
- Weight should be evenly distributed on both of the legs which are 6 inches apart on the ground.
- Hold this position for the required amount of time for this workout.
- Now straighten your leg and come back to starting position.
Benefits of Wall Sit workout for weight loss:
The numbers of calorie burn depend on the weight and how long you are performing. The position of this workout should be challenging, but initially, you should hold for less interval of time. But gradually you can raise the timing to add more calorie burn in your weight loss goal.
According to health status, a 150-pound person can burn about 5 calories per minute. For more challenge, you can hold some weight in your hands. The more weight you hold, the more calorie you will burn. But beginners should start with an easy exercise.
Seated dips are one of the best workouts for strengthening triceps and defining them. It tones your chest and shoulders muscles. Apart from activating many muscles, it helps to burn more calorie and result in weight loss.
How to do seated dips:
- Use bench and chair to support your body weight and keep it your back.
- Place your hands on the bench with the palm facing backward.
- Your legs should be bent and hands at shoulder width apart.
- Bend your elbows slowly and lower your body down while exhaling.
- Hold for few seconds and straighten your arms while lifting your body back up to starting position.
Benefits of Seated dips workout for weight loss:
A 175 pounds person can burn 36 calories in 10 minutes of time. Along with burning calorie, it helps to tone your triceps muscles. Don’t perform more if you have any chronic pain in shoulders and legs.
Push-ups with the combination of other workout help you much for weight loss. It should be part of your healthy workout like muscles strengthening, and cardiovascular exercise. Performing this exercise alone won’t do much for your weight loss goal. So try to practice it with other fitness exercises.
How to do Push-ups:
- Keep your hand straight on the floor with tight abs.
- You may keep your legs straight or bend knees on the floor.
- Lower down your body to the floor, 1-2 inch away from the floor with the help of hands.
- Now push your torso back on starting position.
- Repeat as per your requirement.
- For beginners: don’t do much initially.
Benefits of push-ups workout for weight loss:
Push-ups will do best with other fitness routines. But apart from this exercise, try a cardiovascular exercise like running, swimming, cycling, and jumping. These exercise with push-ups will double your calorie burn and keep you feel energetic every day.
Like push-ups, crunch also should be included in a fitness workout plan, to achieve weight loss goal. Being a part of comprehensive exercise routine not only burn your calorie intake but also strengthen your muscles that lie underneath the excess fat.
How to do crunches:
- Lie flat on your back while keeping your knees bent, hip width apart.
- Keep your hands back of your head to support.
- Don’t lock your fingers and pull your head up.
- Place your elbows on the sides and tilt your chin slightly, leaving few inches space between chest and chin.
- Now, begin to roll your shoulder off the floor and gently pull into abs.
- Lift your shoulder to keep it back on the floor.
- Your lower back should remain on the floor.
- Hold for few seconds at the top and then slowly lower back down.
Benefits of crunches workout for weight loss:
When you lift and lower your torso, the movements are relatively small, that doesn’t burn much fat. Combine this with other abdominal exercise and a good calorie diet can help you to burn fat and weight loss.
1-minute forearm plank
The plank is also a core strengthening exercise that works on transverse abdominal muscles (innermost abdominal muscles used to support and stabilize your torso). But the most effective way to lose weight is through aerobic exercise, strength training and most important is your diet plan.
How to do Plank:
- Lie down on the floor with your feet together in push-ups positions.
- Press up onto your forearms, positioning your elbows under your shoulder.
- Now slightly raise your hip off the floor and balance your body weight on your forearms and toes.
- Contract your abs and hold the position for 30 seconds.
Practice this exercise every day for 2 to 3 sets and gradually increase the number of weight loss. It will help to improve your posture and reduce lower back pain.