Cinnamon Tea For Menstrual Delay. Cinnamon stick scientifically called Cinnamomum zeylanicum, stimulates uterine contraction, being a good option to make menstruation lower if there is any delay, making it come with greater intensity and lasts fewer days.
The consumption of cinnamon is only indicated to advance menstruation 1 or 2 days or causing it to go down in case of a delay of less than 1 month, and should, therefore, be avoided in case of suspicion of pregnancy and contraindicated during pregnancy because it can cause abortion.
How to make cinnamon tea
To make cinnamon tea you only need:
- 1 stick of cinnamon;
1 cup of water.
Place a cinnamon stick in a pot of water and boil for 5 minutes. Then when it is warm remove the stick of cinnamon and is ready to drink. If you want you can sweeten it to taste.
Other recipes with cinnamon to regulate menstruation
Other ways to consume cinnamon, taking advantage of its properties to help lower menstruation and to relieve the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome such as relieving belly pain, headache, dizziness, vomiting, and discomfort are:
- Place a cinnamon stick in a cup of warm milk and sweeten with sugar and honey;
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder in the oatmeal;
- Add 1 cinnamon stick to each cup of black coffee;
- Eat apple and cinnamon cake, or cook an apple and add 1 cinnamon stick in the center during cooking;
- Add a little cinnamon in 1 cup of plain yogurt with cereals.
- Regularly consumed cinnamon can help normalize irregular menstruation, but when this symptom becomes frequent you should go to the gynecologist so you can evaluate the cause of the menstrual cycle alteration.
Generally, menstruation is very irregular in the first years, after the menarche or when the woman is closer to menopause, in this way adolescents and more mature women are those who suffer most from a menstrual delay.
Cinnamon can be used to regulate menstrual disturbances because it reduces prostaglandin levels, increases endorphin levels and improves blood circulation, thus being effective in alleviating PMS symptoms. However, for cinnamon to have the desired effect it must be consumed regularly.
Photo credit: Pixabay